What you’re about to discover is information not everyone wants to have. You’ll understand why in just a few examples.
1. Odori-don is a Japanese and Korean delicacy. It’s literally live squid or octopus served onto your plate. This is what it looks like to eat it:
2. If you leave the seat up while you flush the toilet, you’re sending diarrhea-causing bacteria 10 inches (25 centimeters) into the air.
3. California’s water crisis has rippling effects. 82% of California’s fish populations are likely to be driven to extinction as climate change speeds the decline of their already depleted populations.
4. Every unborn baby grows a mustache in the womb, which then spreads to cover the entire body. The baby then eats this fine hair and excretes it after birth in its first bowel movement.
5. This scary truth.
6. The bottom of your shoes contain more bacteria than your toilet seat. Yet, many people still wear them both indoors and outdoors effectively tracking bacteria all over their home.
7. In Africa, more elephants are being killed each year than are being born.
8. Nearly half of all animals that arrive in American shelters are euthanized because of a lack of adopters and space. That equals 80,000 per week.
9. And then there’s this frightening fact.
10. According to government data analysis, the U.S. class of 2014 graduated with an average student loan debt of $33,000.
11. Every five seconds, Nike makes over $3,000.
12. While in the same time frame, a Vietnam Nike factory worker makes $0.00014.
14. Obesity kills over 30,000 Americans per year.
15. That being the said, one in every eight people in this world still go to bed hungry every single night.
16. 98% of the world’s hungry populations live in developing countries.
17. The herpes virus has an internal pressure eight times that of a car tire. It uses the pressure to literally blast its DNA into human cells.