House cleaning can be a hassle. You’re either the type of person who really enjoys cleaning up your home or you absolutely despise it. But there’s that one area in the house that no one would genuinely enjoy cleaning.
Cleaning the toilet can be pretty brutal. Most of us try to postpone doing it for as long as possible, or we just get someone else to do it for us. Regardless, you gotta get the job done eventually, right?
We might have just made your life a little bit easier. No matter how much you hate it, it’s not smart to leave this chore for too long. That’s why we got 8 practical and easy ways to clean your toilet. You’re welcome.
Kool-Aid isn’t just an enjoyable beverage for your kids, it can also be enjoyable for your toilet. Sounds crazy but it works.\
Just open the pack, sprinkle it around the rim and let it sit there for an hour. Then brush and flush!
2. When it comes to toilets, vinegar is your best friend. Use it to maintain the cleanliness of your toilet on a regular basis.
Pour it directly into the tank to prevent the early stages of mineral build-up. It does a great job at removing mold and bacteria as well.
3. It’s so easy to make your own fizzing tablets that’ll make sure your toilet stays clean for as long as possible.
Just take your scented oil, mix it with baking soda and mold it into little squares. Once ready, put it into a container and drop a few of them a day!
4. Keeping your toilet clean shouldn’t be your only concern, the cleanliness of the toilet brush is pretty important as well.
Why not keep your toilet brush clean 24/7? Simply take Pine Sol and pour into the brush holder. Your brush will basically be swimming in disinfectant every time you put it back.
Squeeze a cup of dish soap, pour as much hot water to fill the bowl. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Then pour more hot water. Wait another 20 minutes. Magic.
6. Bringing back vinegar, it can also be used to clean out lime build-up around the rim of your toilet. Even though those rings aren’t necessarily visible.
Simply stuff vinegar soaked toilet paper under the rim and leave it there for a few minutes. After these minutes have passed, flush the vinegar paper!
7. Having difficulty removing almost impossible stains? We got you covered. Try using sandpaper. That doesn’t mean ruining your toilet, but scrub very gently.
By wetting your sandpaper and scrubbing with no pressure, you can not only clean out those tough stains but also make sure they won’t be coming around anytime soon.
8. Do you have company coming over and don’t have much time to do a quick toilet clean? A few things around your house can get the job done.
If you scrub your toilet with some toothpaste or grapefruit with salt it will not only ensure the cleanliness of your toilet but it’ll make it smell fresh!