As someone who loves animals and enjoys tackling DIY projects in my spare time, it’s no surprise that when I have the chance to combine the two, I’m one happy camper. And if you’re someone who, like me, would prefer to spoil your pupper rotten rather than yourself, then the collection of projects below will make your day!
1. Your doggo will be the coolest pup in town with one of these hand-braided leashes.
All you need is some scrap pieces of leather, a cotton clothesline, and a swivel eye hook!
2. It can be hard to know exactly what’s in your dog’s food, so opting for homemade treats is a surefire way of avoiding anything that could potentially harm them.
This recipe consists of simple, healthy ingredients, like carrots, pumpkin puree, and spinach.
3. Tags are one of the most important things for your furry friend to have!
Without them, they may not be able to tell someone where they live or what their name is, especially if they’re not microchipped.
While a strong metal tag is always best, this adorable leather version would pair perfectly with whatever you already have!
4. Who says furbabies can’t enjoy a treat or two from time to time?
Whether it’s for their birthday or just because, these apple peanut butter pupcakes are just what the doctor ordered.
5. Dog beds can be pretty expensive, especially if you own a larger breed. So, rather than going with a store-bought one, why not DIY it instead?
All it takes is a tire (that’s been cleaned if it’s secondhand), some padding, and your pupper’s favorite paint color.
6. Anyone who has ever shopped the baby section of a clothing store knows that there are some seriously cute onesies on the market.
And even if you don’t have a human baby, you can always turn those adorable pieces of clothing into the perfect set of T’s for your furry one!
7. Like dog beds, toys can be quite expensive, and if you have a pup who loves to destroy her playthings, you’re better off making your own!
To make this fun tug toy, all you need is some fleece fabric and a bit of patience.
8. When it’s hot outside, we like to cut the heat with tasty treats, like ice cream and popsicles, so why not give your dog the same enjoyment?
To make a batch of healthy, refreshing pupsicles for your doggo, all you need is a seedless watermelon, some coconut milk, and a bit of honey. Mmm mmm good!
9. Plastic storage bins and bags of dog food can be eyesores in your home…
But with this simple and affordable DIY, you won’t have to worry about that anymore.
A new garbage can coated with a bit of spray paint and accented with vinyl lettering becomes the perfect food container in no time!
10. Unfortunately, old age has the same effects on dogs as it has on humans…
If your best friend is having trouble walking without assistance, but still has the stamina and happiness of a pup, something as simple as this handmade wheelchair may be the solution you’ve been looking for!
As long as your dog isn’t experiencing any sort of pain and could benefit from something like this, then why not run the idea by your vet?
11. I don’t know about you, but my dog’s bowls are always slipping and sliding around our kitchen. That’s why this stationary stand is something I plan on tackling in the very near future.
You’ll have to be an avid DIYer to take on this project, but the result will be totally worth your efforts.
12. Lastly, this treat recipe will have both you and your doggo wagging your tails. It requires three simple ingredients and takes five minutes to prep.
Who wouldn’t want to curl up on their bed and snack on one of these!?